Saturday, April 20, 2019
Ready to drop the hammer? The event and the start/finish of the race takes place at the Peticolas Brewing Company located at 1301 Pace Street, Dallas, TX 75207
May 1 to May 23, 2018 - $25
May 24, 2018 to May 31, 2018 - $35
June 1, 2018 to July 31, 2018 - $40
August 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018 - $45
September 1, 2018 to April 19, 2019 - $50
April 21, 2019 - $55
Wanna grab your stuff early?
We strongly recommend coming to a pre-event early packet pick-up as we anticipate a large crowd on race day. Additional packet pick up dates and locations will be announced in the future, the current schedule is:
Saturday, April 13, 2019, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM- Following the Social Run/Walk
Peticolas Brewing Company, 1305 Pace Street, Dallas, TX 75207
Friday, April 19, 2019, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Parking near the brewery on race day will be sparse to say the least. Both Farrington and Pace Street will be closed, so don’t even try coming down that direction. We strongly encourage you to use Uber or Lyft. Carpool, ride your bike down the Trinity Strand Trail. We are currently in negotiations with renewing the parking agreement with the Hilton Anatole. Once finalize we will post that information here.
Velvet Hammer 5K Race Day Scoop
7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-Up & Registration Opens
8:30 AM – Velvet Hammer 5K Start
8:30 AM – Post Race Party Begins
10:00 AM – 5K Awards
Velvet Hammer 5K Course
Awards will be presented and results tabulated based on chip time.
Overall Male and Overall Female, First Place Masters Male and First Place Masters Female and the top three finishers, male and female in the following age groups: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Wanna check yourself out at the race?
FAQ & Tips
- Come to one of the pre-event early packet pick-ups to get your stuff before race day, a friend or family member can pick up your packet for you, just make sure they have a copy of your registration confirmation
- Arrive earlier than you think you need to on race day
- Carpool, rideshare or ride your bike to the race as there is very limited parking near the brewery on race day
- Drink responsibly, any beers with an ABV of 9% or more will be 12 ounce pours on race day
- Register early to save money (and share the love with your bro’s, friends, and fellow Peticolas brew lovers, tell them about the event and early pricing!)
- There are no refunds or deferrals, once you register, you are registered, see next about transferring your registration to someone else
- You can manage your registration including, changing your shirt size, transferring your registration to someone else and more by logging in to runsignup.com and click Profile and My Registered Races. Find the Velvet Hammer 5K and click Manage Registration. From there you can do all types of fun things!
- We offer discounts to running/walking/fitness clubs who will promote the race to its membership database and/or corporate groups and teams of ten of more participants, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
- Safety of the participants, volunteers, crew, staff, sponsors, heck everyone involved, is paramount, that said this is a rain or shine event
- Kids are welcome
- Strollers are welcome but we ask three things, first, do not put beer in your stroller, second, do not wear headphones and third please start towards the back of the pack
- Dogs or pets of any kind unfortunately are not welcome (we love them too but our insurance does not allow for them)
- Family and friends who are not registered can come along and watch at no cost
- Bring your ID if you plan to have brews
- If you win an age group award and didn’t hear it announced on race day or you leave early, we can mail it to you for $15, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange payment and shipping
- There will be at least one water stop on the race course
- The starting line will only be open for 5 minutes after the official start of the race, if you are late and miss it you will not be allowed to start
- Something we missed or didn’t cover, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oh and run with a smile, this is a party people